MOAH LEGACY SOCIETY
Become a part of the MOAH Legacy Society by designating a contribution to MOAH in your Estate Planning documents. Your gift will ensure that MOAH continues to preserve and showcase inventions of the past and allow you to leave your own legacy.
What type of assets can I include in my estate planning for MOAH?
There are many different types of assets that can be included in your estate planning for MOAH.
• Cash: an outright gift is one of the easiest and most common ways to support MOAH. Either designated in your Estate Plan as a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate.
• Publicly traded securities (stocks, bonds, other securities):Designate in your Estate Plan certain securities to be given to MOAH
• Real estate: Your primary residence or other real estate holdings that are part of your estate.
• Retirement plan gifts (IRAs, 401K): If left to an individual beneficiary, most retirement plans are subject to income taxes. If left to a charity like MOAH, our non-profit organization does not pay income or estate taxes on the distribution. You can obtain a beneficiary designation form from your IRA plan administrator.
• Life insurance: Paid-up life insurance policy, may be made either as part of your estate or by a change of designated beneficiary to MOAH.
• Personal property: MOAH welcomes gifts of many forms of personal property that may be used in the museum's mission.
What will my gift support?
Your legacy gift will support MOAH's premium quality exhibits, programs and events that we bring to our members and the public. Also, our legacy gift will support MOAH's operations, maintenance, preservation, restoration, and conservation of over 6,000 electrical and mechanical artifacts in our collection.
Your gift will ensure that MOAH continues to preserve the past for the future.
Your name will be printed in our bi-annual MOAH Update newsletter (or you can choose to be anonymous) . You will also be invited to MOAH's special events such as our exclusive exhibition reception parties.
MOAH recommends consulting with your own tax professional if you are planning to bequeath an asset to our museum. Making a planned charitable gift may require the assistance of an attorney, financial planner or CPA to help establish your contribution.
Who can I contact to join or find out more information on the MOAH Legacy Society?
Contact MOAH's Executive Director at (650) 321-1004 or email@example.com
After creating a specific gift to MOAH in your estate planning documents, please fill out our MOAH LEGACY SOCIETY FORM
MOAH thanks you for considering making a legacy gift contribution. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions about the MOAH Legacy Society or gifts.
The Museum of American Heritage (MOAH) is an IRS qualified 501 c(3) not for profit organization.